Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hai

you want the regal look??? right??? nice choice...so basically a cinderella story wedding....here are some links



http://www.regal-weddings.com/rave_pg2.j...



http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/s/08/54/00/5f_2...



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

Hmm...I honestly don't think that the hair and dress have to go with the theme but if I would have to choose than you would most likely want something simple and sleek. Not too much detail or poofiness and you would want something elegant of course. Same with the hair. Just something simple.



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

When I think of a cathedral wedding, I picture a longer train on the dress. Something elegant and refined, but definitely striking.



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

That's for you to choose it's the biggest day of your life and you would risk it on a total strangers word. Check with your family and best friend if that fails grab a magazine.



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

I agree, just getting married in a Cathedral isn't really a theme. So what exactly are you looking for as far as a theme? Do you want something like Princess Dianna? If you google Princess Dianna wedding pics you will get tons of images, she really went all out with the poofy dress, the cathedral length train and veil etc etc.



You could also choose a dress of your own style, but a cathedral is a perfect place for a cinderella, birthday cake huge poofy gown and long train, if that is your style!



Bottom line is go with what you want!



Good luck!



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

It's kind of insulting for us followers of the Catholic faith for you to see our place of worship as a theme. The Sacrament of Marriage is a rightfully a big deal in the church, they won't likely marry you if at least one of you are not baptized in the faith and many churches won't marry non-members...too many people just want to use the church...go figure....



My cathedral (yes, it is beautiful) has over 1000 requests each year for weddings, according to my priest. Only 25 are performed (ours was one of them).



The bottom line is that there is no "theme" for a cathedral wedding, although many brides choose a long train and veil, and often a blusher. In general, modest dresses are preferred.



That said, it depends on the priest and the church. I wore a pink and white mermaid (fitted) strapless gown, a long veil (8 ft) and a blusher. My priest was A-OK with my bridal wear. Most modern priests are, as long as your dress is not too extreme/imodest (i.e. miniskirt).



I wore my hair down, in curls, with a crystal headband and a few crystal snowflakes (winter wedding).



If you are looking for a themed wedding, it sounds like you are looking for a "Cinderella" or Fairytale Princess" wedding. You can have a horse and carriage, a big poofy dress, a tiara, etc. You can even have such a themed wedding at Disneyland, they do this often. I will warn you, the cost is steep.



That said, you should not confuse a Disney theme with a religious establishment. The two are not the same.



Good luck!



I want a cathedral wedding; what's the perfect example of a dress to go with the theme, and hair style?

Simple white dress off the shoulders maybe and train that isn't too long. You should probally let a hair stylist help you decide on a hair style.



Good luck with your wedding and married life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment