Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can I style my hair like Giselle's in Enchanted?

I'm going to a costume party in two days (ack!) and I've decided to go as Giselle, from the scene when she first arrived in NYC. A friend loaned me her wedding dress, and I'm going to try to find a tiara, but I'm not sure of an easy way I can style my hair to at least slightly resemble hers (there's no way I'll get it exact without professional stylists and probably hairpieces. LOL) Can anyone help?



How can I style my hair like Giselle's in Enchanted?

I'm going to assume you have at least medium length hair. I would:



Side part your hair, and leave a front piece seperate, to be pinned in a slight wave (if you've seen her, you know what I'm talking about).



Then, of course, curls! I think a curling iron would create the best effect, although it's time consuming. After curling them, run your fingers through your hair to make the ringlets more natural looking and spritz on some hair product to hold them in place.



Then, you want your hair part up, part down, and the top part needs to have some pouf/volume. So I would take about two inch wide sections of hair and tease about 1 1/2 inches near the scalp. (To tease, simply take a fine comb and lightly brush upwards, then hairspray). Do this to all the sections you plan to put up (leave the bottom 1/3 to rest loosely on your shoulders).



Then, assemble the teased sections in a loose ponytail near the top of your head- the teasing should create a nice 'pouf'. The unteased ends should still be curled (take the curling iron to any that have gone limp) so just twist them a bit and arrange these along the 'pouf', pinning them with bobby pins wherever they look prettiest.



Now, that side-parted front piece you left hanging- curl the end of it, and pin is loosely so it sweeps across your foreheard. The curl can fall behind your ear. With some styling gel and expert pinning, you might be able to create that cute wave she has over her forehead.



Certainly not the exact thing she has, but I think it would imitate the general look.



If your hair is shorter, still do the side part, create some loose curls, bobby pin the front pieces back, leaving the rest loose, and wear the tiara. It would still have a princess-y effect.



Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment