Friday, April 27, 2012

My boyfriend's families wedding?

My boyfriend's family is having a wedding and they invited me and I'm really nervous we're in high school and we haven't been dating that long. I have to meet the whole.... family and I haven't even been over to meet the people he lives with, but he has met my parents and I know I'm going to meet his parents before I attend the wedding. I also need to know what kind of dress to wear and style my hair and lastly, but most importantly his parents and family speak Spanish? Help please.



My boyfriend's families wedding?

dress TASTEFULLY. Put your hair in a headband or something and just be respectful. you will be fine.



My boyfriend's families wedding?

They wouldn't have invited you if they didn't think you were important enough in his life to be there. So obviously he speaks highly of you and they are looking forward to meeting you. With that knowledge, confide in your boyfriend to help you pick out something to wear both when meeting them and to the wedding.



Unless the wedding is specifically black tie and formal dresses, either slacks and a nice blouse or a dress would be fine. Just make sure it's appropriate for the venue (especially if it's in a church, watch those hem and bustlines). Also remember you'll be dancing so wear something that's comfortable that you can move in. Simple is always best, because it's clean and classy. Don't go overboard with color or makeup. It's not your day to shine, it's the brides. With that said, don't worry too much about making an impression with the family members you'll only meet at the wedding - they'll be focused on the bride and groom.



My boyfriend's families wedding?

Well, congratulations because u get the chance to be more acquainted with ur boyfriends' family. They must be eager to see u.. :D...



The most important thing for your boyfriends family/parents is for them to know who is befriending their son/brother.



Its good if you can tell your boyfriend how you really feel, so that he may then be the best person to give you the best advise you on your dresses, hair, how you should be, etc. Try to get the overview from your boyfriend on his family.



Of course you may not be able to know/remmember and understand the whole family in a short while - it may take some time. And I'm sure it'll be fun.



Be yourself, keep your respect, and of course smile always. Try to be charming a bit (optional)..... just to get their hearts...



I remmember the first time I'd met my father in law and the rest of my wife's family. It was one of the creepiest day of my life. But after a few minutes, I got over it well. Until now of course... Thankfully.. :D



Good Luck ... :D



My boyfriend's families wedding?

They would no how to speak english trust me and i know you are gonna be nervous but dont stress i think thats a lovely thing they have done for you inviting you to their wedding.



My boyfriend's families wedding?

..just relax,you'll be fine'be yourself and have a wonderful time,its all apart of growing up..meeting new people and all....go get a hairstyle but nothing too over the top....the same for the dress...nice but not too jazzy...have a great time and relax!!!!



My boyfriend's families wedding?

Just wear your best dress and you will breeze it through honey



My boyfriend's families wedding?

Relax! You are going to have a marvelous time. Wear something pretty and a little on the conservative side...a dress or skirt for sure, sleeves (even if they are just little caps), to or just above the knee. High heels! Other than that, just style your hair nicely, moderate makeup, but lipstick is a must.



It will probably be a big family and they will probably come up to you and kiss you on the cheek as you are introduced. Most of Latin-America does the air-kiss thing. It's very endearing and not intended to be a "come on" so don't worry about that...men and women all kiss, it's culture.



There will be lots of dancing and music and food! MMM! It will be a wonderful fiesta and a cultural experience, for sure!



Latinos are very inviting and hospitable. They won't care that you don't speak Spanish. They will ask you to dance and have fun with them. Take your cues off the people around you. Smile a lot and just focus on having fun. That's what they will be doing and they love to see people around them happy too!



My boyfriend's families wedding?

Just relax and be yourself. They must like you from what your boyfriend's told them to want to invite you. Dress modestly and don't wear too much makeup. A nice skirt or slacks and a blouse would be perfect. Don't wear heels that are too high or that you're not comfortable wearing. Personally, I don't like high heels so I would go with a low heel or flats.



As for them speaking Spanish, my boyfriend's family speaks spanish but the do speak english too. If some of them don't speak english, just sk your boyfriend to translate for you. My bf's mom speaks hardly any eglish and i'm learning spanish but my boyfriend translates for us. It won't the that big a deal, promise. Just have fun.



My boyfriend's families wedding?

Just be yourself as many have already said it seems his family must think quite highly of you as you have been invited so just relax and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment