Friday, April 27, 2012

Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 we

They are all beautiful and their bodies are all very different....some are skinnier, some a little thicker, some have big chests, some have wider hips etc.



I was thinking about picking the color for the dresses, for example, for example, lilac, but rather than having them all wear the same exact lilac dress that might not flatter their figures, I was thinking of picking out a dress for each girl in that exact same color. That way, they would all match and they wouldn't be uncomfortable w/ the style of their dress.



Have you ever seen something like this? Did you like it? How did it look, especially in pictures and stuff. I was thinking then maybe to make them the same...have something like a matching hair clip or jewelery that would at least make them the same.



What do you think?



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

As long as the lengths aren't drastically different, it should look fine. When my boyfriend's uncle got married, the bridesmaids all just wore green dresses, not even the same shade, and it looked fine. I'm pretty sure it will actually look much better to have a flattering dress for each than exactly the same dress that only flatters half of them. The color will tie them together, but the matching jewelry is also a good idea.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I picked the color, and a two piece dress. Everyone got to pick their own top...worked out well.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Just don't pick something with a huge bow on the a**.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I think you should pick a designer and a color. This way the colors will be exactly the same. Tell them to choose for themselves, any dress from that designer in that color. Don't pick them yourself. That defeats the point a little bit.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Aside from the fact that I am against having bridesmaids (i'm a feminist) i think your idea is one that is overly used.



you do what you want, is your wedding.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Great idea. It's becoming very common to do that these days.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I picked two piece dresses with interchangeable tops. They were all cornflower blue but gave each of my bridesmaids the best for her figure! The skirts were all a line ankle length but the tops were halter, strapless, tank and a wrap. They were able to pick tops they might use again. Try Watters and Watters. Best of luck to you.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I have seen something similar to this. It was the exact same style of dress, and some of the bigger girls opted for the design that had sleeves rather than being sleeveless. I've also seen weddings where all of the girls had the exact same dress, but the more modest ones wore little matching wraps around their shoulders. It looks great, and I don't see a problem with it. Why should your bridesmaids be uncomfortable in their good friend/family member's wedding?



In my wedding, I picked dresses that were sleeveless, but had high necks and in the back as well. They were also a flattering style, and had a nice waistline that wasn't clingy, so it hid hips, butt, etc. A big chest wasn't exposed as well. Two of my girls were bigger, and they worked well. Good luck!



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

That is a nice idea. You should also make sure they are all the same length of dress.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Actually this is a growing trend, so it is perfectly acceptable to pick a color but have each girl in a different style. Although most bridesmaid gifts from the bride are matching jewelry I don't necessarily think anything has to match as long as the color does. I am sure you will find the perfect styles!



I don't think you have to pick a maid of honor, but someone needs to stand next to you and be your main witness. As long as no one minds not having the title It shouldn't be the problem.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I think you have the right idea about picking and color and letting each wear a dress to show off their figure. I just think that they should decided what they feel most comfortable in not you. You can still make it fun by going as a group shopping, just let them decided what they would like to wear. A great place to go is Davids Bridal. It is a chain so their might be one in your area. They have a ton of dress to choose from in the same color.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I've help 2 weddings last year and 3 just recently. First and foremost, you have to pick the color. Then you have to confer w/ your bridesmaids what they think about the design. They can all have the same exact color w/ little variations w/ the style or design. Make sure the length are all the same. About the maid of honor, you have to pick the one closest to you and you think can help you. Maid of honor have duties to do, you know. She should be close or next you on your wedding ceremony. Help you fix your gown, hold your bouquet, etc. Have you started w/ your wedding invitation list? Good luck!!



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

If you want happy, helpful bridesmaids then involve them as much as possible in choosing their own dresses. Instead of picking out a particular dress for each, give the group some general guidelines like hem length, sleeve length, sleeve width, shining or matte, and so on. Then let each maiden select half a dozen dresses that conform to these guidelines AND that she likes -- then submit her choices for comment by the other maidens and yourself. If you do this committee-style (instead of bride as boss style) then the committee will do a lot of your dirty work for you. Wouldn't you rather a maiden heard "Ew, yuck!" from the other maidens, not from you?



The idea that bridesmaids should be clones, like a Broadway musical chorus line, is fairly recent. If you look through old (pre-1950s) family albums you will see old-fashioned weddings where the attendants didn't even come close to matching. And they are beautiful pictures, too.



Congrats and best wishes.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Your best place to look is http://flowergirlprincess.com They are always adding dresses to their catalog, and if you dont see what your looking for email them. They can get it.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

My best friend got married in August and she did something like this. There were 5 bridesmaids, and I was the maid of honor. She picked out about dresses in about 4 different styles for the bridesmaids to choose from in the sam lemon yellow color, while I wore a lemon yellow dress with a white trim so I could stand out a bit. It worked out for everyone. The bridesmaids were able to choose their dresses, so they were happy. We all had similar, but unique jewelry. It looked great!



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

look at targt.com for BM dresses they have a designer (famous) that does it,



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

A lot of designers do what are called "seperates" which make it easier for the bridesmaids to find what will flatter them. After Six and Alfred Angelo come to mind



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

Of course it's absolutely fine to do that. And that's exactly what I did at mine and it turned out beautifully. It's actually very trendy right now (walking of the clones isn't necessary anymore). I had sisters of all shapes and sizes. I gave them the color and they chose the dress that suited them best. They also had different jewelry and different shoes (same color)



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I am with ya! I chose the color (cornflower) and the designer (david's bridal), and told the maid of honor to pick a full length dress and the maids to pick out tea length. I made no specification as to which style-I figure, they are all different shapes and different people-they deserve to be individuals. I think it will look great-they will be similar by length and color and flowers, but the style will be more unique to them.



Need advice about bridesmaids dresses. I am having probably 5-7 bridesmaid for my summer '08 wedding......

I think it would be acceptable. Yeah. I got my dresses from bridalbassique.com, I think that was the website. I did that with the jewelry and shoes, same color different styles. Since some wanted heels, some flats, some drop earrings and some studs. I suppose the same applies to dresses. Go for it. As for maid of honor, is one of them your sister, or which one have you known the longest? Which one do you think has helped or will help out the most, be the most available?



Good luck and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment