Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I'm thinking about doing my hair myself for my wedding. I'm not wearing a veil, just a tiara. I was just going to curl it until it's just wavy, style it, and put the tiara on.



Have any of you done your own hair for your weddings or are planning on doing it yourself? How did it turn out? When the professionals ever curl my hair I end up looking like Shirley Temple, so I'm thinking this may be the best way to avoid that...or should I be putting that much pressure on myself on an already stressful day?



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

This is certainly a matter of personal opinion....



But, if you're thinking about doing your hair yourself I suggest practicing on yourself a few times before the wedding. See if you can create the desired look for yourself and see how much stress and time it takes. If you find that it's relatively simple, then you go girl!! Save that money!!



But once you experiment with your hair a few times and it doesn't end up 100% perfect after the second or third time of trying out the hairstyle, I suggest leaving it to the pros. After all, you hair is an extremely important part of your look and how you're going to feel on your wedding day. If you get stressed out easily, make it easier on yourself. You shouldn't be worrying about your hair, or even worse, a hair-disaster on the most important day of your life!



Simple waves are very easy to do yourself... I guess it depends on how complex of a hair-do you're planning and how many times you've done it before.



Good Luck!



Personally, if you're familiar with how to do it, and have done the hairstyle several times before, then I suggest go for it! Who says you have to spend a ton of money on your wedding day?!



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I was going to do my hair for my wedding but my MOH talked me out of it. She said that I am suppose to relax and not have to run around worrying about getting my hair done and everything else. I would go get it done professionally. Most salons have you come in and do test runs until you find a hair style that is perfect for you. Thats what I am doing, whatever you decide I am sure will turn out wonderful. Congrats and Good Luck! :0)



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

DON"T DO IT. DON"T EVEN HAVE YOUR MOM DO IT...I am coming from experience, My mother did my hair at prom at it looked horrible. My wedding is in 7 months and I am going with a professional. (like the ones that went to school to learn how to do it professionally). You have enough stress on your wedding day for you to being doing your own. Let people pamper and take care of you.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I'm going to a salon to have my hair done,one less thing to worry about on my wedding day



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I AGREE. DONT DO IT YOURSELF. ive come from experience also. i did it for the dance at school and i regret it. DONT DO ANYTHING THAT YOU KNOW YOU WILL REGRET LATER ON!!! BECAUSE YOU WON'T LAFF AT IT LIKE U THINK YOU WILL



ITS BEST TO KEEP EVERYTHING PROFESSIONAL AND UNDER A PROFessions HAND



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I did my own, and it looked fine.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

My friend who is a hairstylist is doing my hair as her wedding gift to me. There's no way I would do it myself! I want to wear it up, and I don't know how to give myself a good up-do. My hair is also kind of hard to style - it's extremely dense, but fine and soft. My friend is going to practice on me a couple of times before the wedding, so that on the wedding day, the hairstyling process will go smoothly.



If your hair will be relatively easy to style, or if you've had lots of practice styling it the way you want it for your wedding, then you'll be fine doing it yourself. Otherwise, I think you should save yourself the stress and let a pro do it.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I did my own hair, I had read an article written by a bride who had her hair and make-up done professionally and she said how much she regretted doing it because she looked through her pictures and didnt recognize herelf. That scared me, so I did everything myself. I wore my hair exactly as my husband liked it, pulled back in a barrette and tucked my veil into the barrette. He was quite happy with how I looked and I look just like myself on my wedding day.



Also, I got married in the morning and had no stress with my hair at all, so if I, the most high strung person on the planet, can do it calmly and in time for a morning wedding, anybody can do it!



Good luck!



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I would vote against doing it yourself or having a friend or family member doing it....I hired someone and we did several trials before hand and it worked out great. A little pricey, but it was my day and I was happy! Whatever you do with your hair, you do not want to look back on your wedding photos 10 years from now and think "my gosh, I never wore my hair like that in real life, I look like a show girl". Just something to think about.... good luck!



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I got a professional to come to my hotel to do it. I had a trial with another person and it didn't come out the way I was hoping and she didn't seem keen on changing anything so I picked someone else who did a great job.



I'd say that I wouldn't do it yourself unless you try it out a few times and have someone take pictures from all angles because that will happen on your wedding day. You definitely don't want to find out on your wedding pictures that the back of your hair didn't look that great.



Realistically, it is your day so having someone pamper you is a fantastic feeling!



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

omg thats exactly what i did it turned out great too



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I did my own, but it was really simple. I had curly hair at the time and I just pulled the top part back in a barrette and put my veil on above the barrette. It looked just the way I wanted, and only took 5 minutes. However, there was no curling iron or flat iron involved. Look around until you find a stylist who can what you want. Look in the bridal magazines for styles you like. Take them to the stylist.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

I did my own hair for my wedding, but I also went to beauty school and had a little knowledge of what I wanted. I had very long hair with a spiral perm, and I had it in an up do with a couple of little curls left down. It came out beautiful, and a few people asked me where I went to have it done. It is a stressful day, so if you aren't comfortable with your hairstyling abilities I would suggest having it done professionally.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

No, but I did my own makeup.



Luckily I had a hair stylist who would do my hair just the way I would normally style it - just better! She also had to make that topknot weird thing at the top of my head to hold the tiara/veil comb in. She did it just as naturally as I did, but with that superstrength hairspray salons have - so it stayed put, still looked great til midnight, but didn't look fakey or stiff. They're professionals for a reason!



But there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing your hair yourself.



Wedding hair, did you do yours yourself?

Do you have a friend that is good at fixing hair? I am having one of bridesmaids fix mine, I trust her %26amp; I know she does a good job. We will also do a 'trial run' about 2 weeks before the wedding to make sure we are on the same page with the type of hairstyle I want. I would say have a friend do it if possible so you won't feel as stressed out about it, but make sure you practice sometime before the wedding.



If you don't know anyone who could do it for you %26amp; you feel comfortable in your own ability, you can do it yourself on the wedding day. I think this would make me nervous, but if you are planning on a simple style, it shouldn't be that difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment